de Havilland DH112 Venom NF.3
The Museum’s exhibit, registration WX853, a DH112 Venom NF.3 WX853 c/n 12682, was built at Chester to contract 7162 and was ready for collection on 27th July 1955, where it was delivered across the airfield to 48 MU the next day. It was issued to 23 Squadron at RAF Coltishall on 5th October and coded R, serving until 13th April 1957 when it was withdrawn for storage at 27 MU Shawbury.
It was transferred to non-effective stock on 7th May and issued three days later to RAF Debden for ground instruction as 7443M, finally appearing on the gate painted black overall. The aircraft was delivered to Salisbury Hall in January 1968.